MPC commits funds to California wildfire relief and recovery efforts
To assist with wildfire relief and recovery efforts ongoing across California, MPC, through its Foundation, has contributed $275,000 to multiple organizations providing welfare response to victims.
“As a company with a significant presence and many employees who call California home, supporting this relief effort is an essential investment for MPC,” said Karma Thomson, vice president of Corporate Affairs. “Our intention is to focus our philanthropic resources to try and have the greatest impact on public safety and the wellbeing of our community during this extremely difficult time.”
The granted funds will be distributed to the following recipients:
- $100,000 – American Red Cross, to support statewide wildfire response efforts.
- $100,000 – The Salvation Army, to support deployed teams across the state providing social services and disaster assistance.
- $75,000 – North Valley Community Foundation, as follows:
- $50,000 – Butte County Schools Fire Relief Fund, for STEM-related expenses, including textbooks, supplies and equipment lost in the fire.
- $25,000 – Camp Fire Public Safety Family Relief Fund, to distribute funds quickly and effectively to public safety employees who have been tragically displaced by the Camp Fire in Butte County, including those serving in the Paradise Police Department, California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, Chico Police Department, Chico Fire Department, and Butte County Sheriff’s Office.
“Our ties are strong throughout the state of California and we are deeply saddened by the destruction these wildfires have caused,” said Thomson. “We want everyone in our community who is impacted by this event to know they have our support, and we’re hopeful this contribution will help in delivering some much-needed aid.”