MPC Emergency Responders at the Ready
Our emergency response team is one of the many ways we strive to protect the communities where we operate. CERT is made up of specifically-trained members from across the company, ready to respond to an emergency at any time.
Marathon Petroleum Corporation’s (MPC’s) Corporate Emergency Response Team (CERT) is a cross-functional team made up of specifically-trained members from across the company, ready to respond to an emergency at any time. MPC strives to conduct business with a focus on protecting and preserving the health and safety of employees, co-workers and neighboring communities in which we operate; the environment; our assets and those of our neighbors; the interests of our shareholders and investors; MPC’s integrity; and the reputation of the petroleum industry. CERT plays an important role in maintaining that focus.
CERT is staffed and maintained to provide response management and to provide corporate resources and technical support during an emergency situation. Members are trained to use the Incident Command System, which is widely used by government agencies and emergency responders, allowing CERT to integrate seamlessly in a time of crisis.
- Established in 1990
- CERT is made up of two main groups:
- Emergency Strike Team (EST)
- Emergency Support Group (ESG)
- EST is made up of approximately 100 members.
- ESG is made up of approximately 85 members.
- CERT has responded to product releases, product quality issues and humanitarian efforts.
- CERT along with federal, state and local responders, participates in an annual three-day exercise.